The 2021 Colorado Sojourn was amazing – details about the 2022 Colorado Sojourn will be posted in the spring!
The mountains of Colorado are majestic and a beautiful place to explore. Have you been longing to take on the challenge of climbing a mountain, yet unsure of how to achieve your goal?
This unique three-month journey offers you guidance, support and inspiration as well as authentic connection with other women who aspire to reach the peak of a 14,000+ foot mountain in a journey of physical and emotional growth.
Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery of why we climb. – Greg Child
Join the Colorado Sojourn: Journey to the Mountain to build your strength, stamina and confidence to achieve this goal with Becki Rupp, Trailblazer Wellness, and Christine Winebrenner Irick, Lotus Sojourns.
Your Experience Includes:
- Comprehensive and customized training plan for physical and mental preparation, including stamina/conditioning, strength building and yoga for flexibility
- One-on-one coaching sessions keep you motivated
- A supportive group to learn and grow through the experience with others
- Virtual group gatherings with experts on physical, mental and spiritual aspects of the journey
- Journey to the Mountain weekend retreat where you’ll join fellow Sojourners for welcome dinner, hike of a 14,000+ foot peak in central Colorado, and post-hike celebration dinner
Becki is a certified personal trainer and health coach who helps women gain the strength, skills and confidence to reach their active adventure goals. Becki’s best days are when she hears from clients that they’ve reached a milestone or recognize the progress they’ve made. Over the past 30 years she has hiked multiple “14ers” (peaks that are 14,000 feet or more in elevation) and hundreds of other trails across the US and in multiple countries. She has also searched mountains and forests for missing people in five states as a member of a wilderness search and rescue team. The view from her house in central Colorado includes Mt. Shavano, which is 14,232’ high.
Christine guides women on intentional journeys incorporating adventure travel and personal transformation. Christine is passionate about creating connected communities of women, and crafting experiences that build on the inherent transformational power of travel and guides travelers to use this journey as a catalyst for their own transformation. She has worked in the tourism industry for 20 years, has a Masters degree in Sustainable Destination Management, and is committed to using travel as a vehicle for good. She shares stories of her like-hearted colleagues on her Soul of Travel podcast. She is also a certified yoga instructor and focuses on a gentle practice that offers connection to nature, spirit and self through postures, meditation and breathwork. She is the mother of three young girls who are a beautiful reminder for her to stay committed to her dream to create a world where all women know themselves as equal and valuable members of our global community, and are strongly connected to their true self and the power of their voice.
June 11 – September 9: Pre-Journey 3-month 14er Hike Training Program
September 10-12: Weekend in-person Journey to the Mountain Retreat in central Colorado
Full Experience – 14er Hike Training Program & Colorado Sojourn: Journey to the Mountain Retreat: $1,695*
14er Hike Training Program Only – $975*
* Early bird discount and bonus – sign up by May 21 to get $100 off PLUS 2 additional weeks of training/coaching
Additional costs: Transportation to the Journey to the Mountain Retreat in central Colorado (near Breckenridge), upgrade to single room by request – limited availability.
Registration for this experience is available until June 7, 2021. Limited availability for the in-person retreat.
June 11 – September 9: 14er Hike Training Program
Week 1 – Introduction to the training plan and one-on-one meetings with Becki to customize the training plan based on your lifestyle, current activity level and preferences.
Week 2 – Group session* on Preparing for a Transformational Experience, including journaling guidance
Week 3 – One-on-one coaching session with Becki, yoga session with Christine via Starlight Yoga Montana
Week 4 – Group session* on selecting footwear and gear with Beth Bershader, who has hiked the 100 highest mountains in Colorado, as well as high peaks in Central and South America
Week 5 – One-on-one coaching session with Becki
Week 6 – Group session* on the history and culture of the Ute Nation in the Colorado mountains, yoga session with Christine via Starlight Yoga Montana
Week 7 – One-on-one coaching sessions with Becki
Week 8 – Group session* with open Q&A and experience sharing
Week 9 – One-on-one coaching with Becki
Week 10 – Group session* on nutrition with dietician and long-distance hiker and triathlete Jacque Maldonado, yoga session with Christine via Starlight Yoga Montana
Week 11 – One-on-one coaching with Becki
Week 12 – Group session* on altitude and what to expect on hike day with Bridget Bryson, member of Chaffee County Search and Rescue who has hiked all Colorado 14ers (and then some!)
* Group sessions will be held via Zoom on Tuesdays at 6 Mountain time (8 Eastern, 7 Central, 5 Pacific)
September 10-12: Journey to the Mountain
September 10 – Arrive at the lodging base in the early evening. Welcome dinner followed by an intention-setting session for the upcoming hike.
September 11 – Early wake-up and breakfast. Travel by personal vehicle to the trailhead for the hike. We will stop for silence in recognition of the victims of 9/11 at a designated time. Hike to the summit of Mt. Quandary, with periodic breaks for nutrition, reflection and celebration! Post-hike dinner and sharing.
September 12 – Morning yoga session with Christine, breakfast and departure.
- 3-month training plan for hiking a mountain of 14,000+ feet with cardio/stamina building cadence, strength training exercises and yoga sessions, developed by certified personal trainer and certified yoga instructor.
- Bi-weekly one-on-one coaching sessions with certified health coach.
- Bi-weekly group sessions with expert guest speakers on topics related to physical, mental and spiritual preparation.
- Facebook group for camaraderie, support and laughs!
- Journal and exercises for exploration.
- Lodging for the Journey to the Mountain Retreat*
- 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts for Journey to the Mountain Retreat*
* applicable for those who sign up for the Full Colorado Sojourn with Journey to the Mountain Retreat
- Personal transportation to the Journey to the Mountain lodging.
- Personal transportation to the hike trailhead.
- Lunch and snacks on the hike …we will offer tips to prepare before the journey.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Trip insurance. Strongly suggested for those joining the in-person retreat.
- Cost of medical care, emergency transportation or evacuation if necessary (we sure hope not!). This can be covered by specific trip insurance.
- Personal items and gear.
- Gym membership or workout equipment.
Please review the full Terms and Conditions.
Apply for the Colorado Sojourn
To ensure mutual understanding of the intention of the Colorado Sojourn and discuss any questions you may have, we strongly recommend a pre-reservation meeting with Becki and Christine. Just share your information with us, and we’ll respond with available times to meet so we can get to know each other better!
Once we’ve mutually agreed that you’ll be joining the Colorado Sojourn, you’ll need to complete the following:
- Personal information form
- Health and Fitness History
- Getting to Know You Questionnaire
- Waiver and Terms & Conditions Acknowledgement
Complete the form below, and we’ll connect soon!
To get regular updates about how to get more active so you can make the most out of your experiences, just subscribe to my email newsletter below.